Thursday, March 24, 2011

Frames and Supports

Yesterday I ordered frames from my favorite frame maker, Jesse Goslen. Jesse lives in North Carolina and he builds floater frames made to order. They are constructed as well as top notch well-crafted furniture and are gorgeous. I was going to show my new work at Ceres unframed. New Yorkers are so good at seeing ART, they really don't need that frame to prove anything. I, however, have decided that these encaustic paintings need and deserve the best protection and the best in general. So I'm going for it.
I love having the support of Rodney Thompson in California, who builds my wood supports, and Jesse in North Carolina. I am thinking now that support is all around us - we just need to believe that, notice where it might come from, know we need and deserve it, and then ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment